You are your only limit… I saw this quote on Facebook this week. Sad but true, as people we do limit ourselves on a daily basis.
A vast majority of people are waiting until they are sick, injured or at least very uncomfortable or humiliated to recognise that their health is the foundation of a happy and fulfilled existence.
Ignoring our feelings is the norm. More and more people are eating their feelings or numbing them with drugs and alcohol.
How much pain do you need to feel in order to take responsibility and make a change that prevails long enough, to provide meaningful lasting results? Do you need to be hospitalised? Or maybe to lose a chance at your dream job… or worse? Would that be enough pain for you?
It sounds harsh I know. But isn’t it true?
The effort you put in is directly proportionate to the results you get.
It’s my birthday
It’s my Dad’s birthday
It’s my husbands birthday.
It’s your birthday.
It’s my anniversary.
Anzac biscuits are my favourite.
I had a big weekend.
It’s a work function.
Everyone else was having it.
I have a headache.
I’m pre-menstrual. I’m menstruating. I’m midcycle.
I think I sprained my pinky finger.
Sooooo…. that leaves about 5 days per month where you have good days right?
How about loving yourself enough to take responsibility for your health? How about feeling your feelings and dealing with them instead of eating them, drinking them and blaming them on someone or something else?
You are precious and you should treat yourself so.
My job is stressful.
My kids are stressing me out.
My husband/wife won’t help me.
This may be true, but my question is, what are you doing about it? Are YOU doing anything about it?
External circumstances and people are just that. The only person you have control over is you.
We are all entitled to off days and expect that you will get them. We all do. Just keep it in check. If your having more bad days than good, it’s time to ask yourself some questions and seek solutions or help if you can’t figure it out on your own.
It stings a little to admit sometimes that we have a problem or that we need help. We feel like we should be able to handle it and that we are surely the only people in world, who have experienced this situation in this way. Sometimes our pride, our ego, gets in the way of where we actually need to be.
Contrary to the belief of the ego, our greatest strength is in opening up and let ourselves be vulnerable. How else can we let the solutions in, if we can’t be open about our issues and that we need help?
I’m not giving up wine… or chocolate…
That’s cool. You don’t have to give up anything. But please remember that if you don’t give up wine, you will get, “I’m not giving up wine” results.
It’s not to say that you can’t enjoy the things you love in moderation. But do remember the ‘moderation’ part. And do remember that if you don’t burn it off you’ll be storing it and getting nowhere fast with your health kick.
Starting up exercise does not mean you can now justify feeding yourself more of the rubbish that got you to the point of dissatisfaction and or poor health.
Where do I start?
1. Admit you have a problem.
2. Ask yourself why it’s important to you to find a solution. Figuring out why this is important to you is paramount to your success. You need a strong driver to push you out of your comfort zone (or to stretch it at the very least!)
3. Formulate a plan. What, where, when, how, who? Confide in someone you trust and seek out professional help if required.
4. Focused, purposeful, action. Get the help you need and then do the work. Now. No-one can do it for you! Take personal responsibility for your results.
5. NEVER GIVE UP. Remember, “Progress not Perfection”. You are allowed to have off days. You are allowed to have a melt down. Sometimes other things do take precedence. Listen and trust yourself and know what it is as much as what isn’t. The truth is, the more you put you on your priority list, the more you will have to give back to others when you are healthy, vibrant and overflowing with good vibes.
It’s time to make a change peeps, not excuses! Find out how you can make a change for yourself today. Don’t let another day go by wishing, hoping or excusing yourself without taking action.
If you are ready to amp up your well being, success or health and fitness routine before the new year click here for your>Free Clarity Session< or >Contact Rischelle< TODAY!
In the comments below, write down what you would like to achieve before the new year! Why would you wait?